Thursday, May 22, 2014

Reaching my peak

Around 1503 I began to work on the “Mona Lisa”. Regarded as the most famous of my pieces of art.
On July 9, 1504, my father passed away. My brothers and sisters fought over my fathers items and i was deprived of any inheritance.
From 1513 to 1516 I worked in Rome. Having my own workshop and Doing a variety of projects for the Pope here and there.
I continued  my studies on physiology and human anatomy. Pope forbade me from dissecting any more bodies. After the death of Giuliano de' Medici in March of 1516, I was offered the title of Premier Painter and Engineer and Architect of the King by Francis in France.

I died on May 2, 1519 in Cloux, France.
"As a well spent day affords happy sleep, so does a life profitably employed afford a happy death." 

No comments:

Post a Comment